It is essential that the beneficiary takes out adequate insurance for their trip. Netball World Cup Travel, in partnership with Endsleigh, offer invaluable cover for trips worldwide. Cover includes cancellation and curtailment of the trip due to accident, illness or sickness; the cost of any repatriation back to the beneficiary’s home country following a medical emergency. Additionally, cover for over 100 sports and activities are included as standard under this group policy and full details are available within the activity guide lists available on the website along with the group policy documents.
The group policy has been arranged for the benefit of persons travelling on a trip (the beneficiary/beneficiaries) with Netball World Cup Travel (the group policyholder). To purchase the Endsleigh insurance, please call the Netball World Cup Travel Office on 0203 912 6414.
Download our policies which contain a summary table of the maximum amounts which are payable under each section:
Cancellation Cover Policy of up to £10,000: Download here
Cancellation Cover Policy of up to £5,000: Download here
Please note, that irrespective of destination or duration of your tour, you should take out a short-stay policy for cancellation cover up to the value of £5000 per person or a long stay policy for cancellation cover up to the value of £10 000 per person.
• The first £100 of each and every claim per incident claimed for by each beneficiary except for claims under personal liability, personal accident and legal expenses where no excess applies.
• This group policy is not available to anyone aged 86 or over. Cover under Personal Accident (other than death benefit) is not available to anyone 65 or over.
Cancellation or curtailment charges
• Any circumstances known prior to booking the trip that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim.
Emergency medical and other expenses
• Treatment or surgery which in the opinion of the medical practitioner in attendance can wait until a beneficiary’s return home.
• Medication, which prior to departure is known to be required.
Baggage & personal money, passport and documents
• Valuables left unattended at any time unless in a safety deposit box or in the beneficiary’s locked accommodation.
• Baggage contained in an unattended motor vehicle overnight between - 9 p.m. and 9 am (local time) OR 9 a.m. and 9 p.m (local time) unless it is in the locked boot which is separate from the passenger compartment for those vehicles with a boot, or for those vehicles without a separate boot locked in the vehicle and covered from view.
• Group money or the beneficiary’s passport left unattended at any time unless in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or in the beneficiary’s locked accommodation
Endsleigh will share the personal details the group policyholder and beneficiaries provide with Zurich Insurance Plc. To administer this group policy Zurich Insurance plc will hold and use information about the group policyholder and beneficiaries supplied by them (and by medical providers). Zurich Insurance plc may send it in confidence for processing in the Zurich Insurance plc group (or to other companies acting on Zurich Insurance plc instructions) including those located outside the European Economic Area, however, Zurich Insurance plc has taken appropriate steps to ensure the same (or equivalent) level of protection of information in other countries as there is in the EU. Applications for further information should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at Zurich Insurance Plc.
It is Endsleigh’s policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that personal data held is processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act").
We aim to provide a high level of service and pay claims fairly and promptly under the terms of the group travel policy. If a beneficiary is unhappy with any aspect of our service, please contact, in the first instance the person who originally dealt with the enquiry. Alternatively, we can be contacted by telephone: 0800 085 8698 Post: Customer Liaison Department, Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, Shurdington Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE
If the beneficiary remains dissatisfied they have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review their case. The Ombudsman can be contacted at the following address:- The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9SR
What if I change my mind?
A beneficiary may withdraw from participation in the group policy at any time by giving notice of that intention to the group policyholder. Any return of premium will be calculated from the date such participation ceases, provided the beneficiary has not travelled or been the subject of a claim during any period for which cover was provided, in which case no refund will be due. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee.
The beneficiary and anyone accepted for cover under this group policy MUST be:
- Registered under the healthcare system in their home country.
- Travelling from and returning to their home country.
This group policy is not available to anyone aged 86 or over. If any member of the travelling party is 86 years or over we are unable to provide a quote or group policy. However, if they would like to contact BIBA on 0870 950 1790 (Open 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday) or at http://www.biba.org.uk/ConsumerHome.aspx they hold a list of insurers who may be able to assist.
Important conditions relating to health
The beneficiary and anyone accepted for cover under this group policy MUST comply with the following conditions to have full protection of the group policy. If they do not comply this group policy may be cancelled or a claim may be refused or the amount of any claim payment reduced.
The beneficiary and anyone accepted for cover under this group policy (the beneficiary) MUST comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of this group policy. If they do not comply this group policy may be cancelled or a claim may be refused or the amount of any claim payment reduced.
It is a condition of this group policy that the beneficiary will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly from:
A. At the time of being accepted for cover:
1. Any medical condition the beneficiary has or has had for which:
a) Symptoms or diagnosis has occurred within the last 12 months
b) There has been a change in treatment (including medication, dosage, surgery, tests, investigations or diet) in the last 12 months.
2. Any medical condition where the beneficiary, their close relative* or a close business associate**:
a) Are waiting for an operation, hospital consultation (other than for regular checkups), or other hospital treatment or investigation.
b) Have within the last 6 months, been seen by a specialist (other than for regular checkups), had an operation or other hospital treatment or investigation.
c) Have received a terminal prognosis.
d) Have not had a diagnosis.
3. Any circumstances the beneficiary is aware of that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim on this group policy.
B. At any time:
1. Any medical condition the beneficiary has in respect of which they are travelling against medical advice or for which they are travelling to obtain medical treatment abroad.
2. Any medical condition for which the beneficiary is not taking the recommended treatment or prescribed medication as directed by a medical practitioner.
3. The beneficiary travelling against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or other public transport provider.
The beneficiary has read and agreed to these important conditions relating to the terms and conditions of Gullivers Sports Travel and those that relate to their health. If the beneficiary does not do so, this insurance cover may not protect them in the event of a claim.
* Close relative – means mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, daughter, son, grandparent, grandchild, parent-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, step parent, step child, stepsister, stepbrother, foster child, legal guardian, partner, civil partner or fiancé.
** Close business associate -means any person whose absence from business for one or more complete days at the same time as the beneficiary’s absence prevents the proper continuation of that business.
Gullivers Sports Travel Group Policy Travel Insurance: Download here
Gullivers Sports Travel Cover Policy of up to £10,000: Download here
Gullivers Sports Travel Cover Rates of up to £10,000: Download here
Gullivers Sports Travel Cancellation Cover Policy of up to £5,000: Download here
Gullivers Sports Travel Cancellation Cover Rates of up to £5,000: Download here
Please note that irrespective of destination or duration of your tour, you should take out a short-stay policy for cancellation cover up to the value of £5,000 per person or a long stay policy for cancellation cover up to the value of £10,000 per person.
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting its website at www.fca.org.uk/register. Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited. Company No. 856706 registered in England at Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE.